OpenWave Set-Up and Configuration Information
This page on Interpage's server is intended for OpenWave (Phone.com,
Unwired Planet, or UP) customers, associated mobile carriers or firms, or
in general, those companies who have an established service relationship
with Unwired Planet. If you have service which uses UP's facilities but
deal with a carrier or are part of a corporate account, please contact
your carrier or corporate IS or Telecommunications Department for details.
This page on Interpage's server is intended for OpenWave (Phone.com, Unwired Planet, or UP) customers, associated mobile carriers or firms, or in general, those companies who have an established service relationship with Unwired Planet. If you have service which uses UP's facilities but deal with a carrier or are part of a corporate account, please contact your carrier or corporate IS or Telecommunications Department for details.
If you need information on how to manually send faxes and mailedit (non-fax) commands to our server (not necessary with UP service, but it is available for testing), please refer to our fax and mailedit command code list.
To establish Fax Service with Interpage which will operate with UP's gateway, you will need to:
- Obtain a copy of the Interpage Fax Service Activation form. This form is located at http://www.interpage.net/faxing/fax-signup.html, or we will be glad to fax a copy to you or postal mail one. Please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (617) 696-8000 to request a copy.
- If you prefer not to pay for service via direct-debit credit card, you may apply for service using a Business Credit Application. This form may be obtained by requesting it via e-mail to email@example.com or by calling us at +1 (617) 696-8000, or you may obtain it from our WWW forms server at http://www.interpage.net/webreach/faxlist, logging in as guest and not using a password. Accounts which are not initially set up via credit card can not be activiated immediately, and will be activated upon verification and approval of the Business Credit Application.
- Upon receipt of the application, please write UP Fax Gateway on the first line (labeled "Resale ID/Rateplan"). Generally, UP customers will not have any pager information and thus not need to complete the paging section. Most UP activations require only the name, address, telephone and e-mail contact information, as well as billing information and any special set-up instructions. The e-mail address you provide is highly significant as it will determine the Responsible Billing Authority, that is, which e-mail address will be notified upon account activation, who will (initially) be able to send faxes, who may request changes (via e-mail) to an account, and who receive monthly invoices. If you require more than one RBA, please specifically note this on the activation form along with the given e-mail addresses. (Note that additional RBA addresses may be added by the RBA at any time subsequent to account activation.)
If you intend to use Feature Group B access, toll-free "calling card"/"Carrier Cost" access (where you, the carrier, pays for the toll charges incurred and Interpage charges a slight handling fee instead of the full toll rates), please fax (do not e-mail!) your Feature Group B access number (generally 950-xxxx and PIN code), DID access number (access # plus PIN code), or other alternate access number and other relevant dialing information to (617) 850-0420.
- Immediately after your account is activated, the RBA will receive a confirmation/welcome message from Interpage with the your userid and password. This information will be needed to access your account via:
telnet: by telnet to interpage.net
WWW: Connect to http://www.interpage.net/sub-customer-access.html
- You will need to configure your account to allow UP to send faxes through the account. To do this, telnet to Interpage (as above), and log in to your account. Select Option 8 from the main menu, and then Menu Item 3 - Change alternate accepted email addresses. This will allow UP (or other mail senders) to access your account and send faxes. This can only be done if the full e-mail address or wildcard e-mail address is specified, and can only be modified via telnet for security purposes.
- The syntax for allowing alternate accepted e-mail addresses, which allows a mail address(es) to send faxes and/or mailedit requests is as follows:firstname.lastname@example.org: email@example.com is accepted.
@wesleyan.edu: anyone with an e-mail account in the format firstname.lastname@example.org is accepted.
@.wesleyan.edu: anyone with an e-mail at any host at wesleyan.edu will be accepted.
abc@.wesleyan.edu: anyone with the e-mail address abc on any host at wesleyan.edu will be accepted
Note: If you are unsure as to what e-mail addresses need to be accepted, or how they appear to our system, have the given sending account in question send a fax/mailedit command (see thecommand code file for details on how to actually send a manual, non-UP generated fax or mailedit (non-fax) request) to your account at Interpage. The RBA (and only the RBA) will receive an "illegal mail configuration" message, indicating that an unauthorized e-mail sender has attempted to utilize your account, and will indicate the offending e-mail address. You may copy and paste this e-mail address and add it to the telnet interface alternate accepted e-mail list, and after quitting out of the entire telnet interface until you are logged out, the change(s) will take effect. Note: you must log out before any changes take effect; exiting via Control-C or uncleanly severing the connection will cause all changes to be lost.
- After you have configured Interpage's gateway to accept mail from the servers you plan to (initially) utilize, you may need to configure your local UP Gateway and UP Link software to send to the Interpage account (e-mail address) which has been created for you. To do this, please refer to the UP.Link Administration Guide, Version 3.0 , under Chapter 7: Administering UP.Link Faxing.
- You may also wish to contact Interpage or UP in order to configure any e-mail sender addresses which you are having difficulty with or are not sure if they should be authorized or not.
- Once you have added all the alternate accepted senders, your fax account should be set up and ready to use in conjunction with Unwired Planet's service.
Back to the Main Page
Back to the Fax Services Page